Hi there! My name is Jody! I am a wife, mama, and own the Fabric Shoppe! I love to find BEAUTY in EVERYDAY life! I hope to inspire you here with fabrics, tutorials, recipes, and crafty inspiration! Stop back often and enjoy!
I posted a while back about this benefit quilt that we had the privilege of sponsoring. I believe the raffle is over but wanted to show you the gorgeous end results! Crystal of Little Bit Funky did such a great job. Her goal was to spread God's love in Africa by raising money for Nothing But Nets to fight malaria. I think she did a spectacular job, (and she only started sewing 2 years ago). So pretty!
I would like to introduce my best friend Christy! She is an inspiring woman and amazing friend. She is always on top of the latest trends and loves checking out blogs and design websites. She enjoys when people post their favorite things. So here are a few of hers...
1. Having worked at Starbucks in college, I have always been a huge fan of their coffee! I can’t get enough of their new Via brews. I even have the Via tumbler for work(which holds extra coffee). These cute little packets brew one heck of a cup of joe. I love the convience about them and the fact that I don’t waste a pot of coffee for my craving.
2. I m a huge fan of painting my nails. Being a hairstylist, I paint them at least once a week. I m loving the new OPI Holiday 2010 Burlesque collection.I currently am wearing “take the stage”. It is perfect blend of copper and gold. Plus, a girl always needs some shimmer.
3. I can’t say enough about the Sanuks I purchased earlier this year. They are flipflops with a cover!!! They are light, trendy and most importantly comfortable. Mine are zebra print!
4. My good friend Jill recently gave me some amazing hand-me-downs Lululemon Dance pants. Pretty sure I wear them 3-4 times a week. They are so comfy! I wear them to yoga, running errands, dress them up and at home! I love the Lululemon company. They are more expensive but totally worth it.
5. My favorite artist is Sabrina Ward Harrison! She has a few books out there that I cherish. It is a dream of mine to attend one of her workshops. She has inspired me with my own art, writing and perspective on my daily life. She came out with this great journal a few years back that I still use today! It is The True and the Questions. It has her art, writings and space for you to create and write yourself.
6. I love water! Being a new mom, I try to drink more water than ever. I love smartwater. I don’t know what it is about it. But I drink more when I havethose cute big bottles. Plus, I swear it tastes better.
7. I m a avid candle fan in my house. My all time fav scent/brand is Voluspa Goji & Tarocco Orange. I get mine at Anthropologie! They come in really cute red tins with lids. I probably have 5 of them in my house! It’s the best scent. It smells like heaven.
8. Recently Jody and I had the opportunity to hit up the Handmade Market in Minneapolis and I snagged these adorable hair clips. I cant get enough ofthem. I m kicking myself for not buying more. They are so fun to wear anddress up any hairstyle. You can get them here at LouLou designs.
9. One of my staples for scents is my Aveda Replinishing lotion. It has been my scent/fav lotion for 10 years. I m really sensitive to smell and this is the best. Its has the perfect blend of aroma plus its very moisturizing.
10. My favorite way to style my hair right now is with a TIGI curl stick. They are expensive but totally worth every penny. All you do is wrap your hair around the stick and wa-lah! I spray hairspray, and comb each section before curling. SPRAY.COMB.CURL. it has the taylor swift look. Effortless. Contemporary. Romantic. I get lots of compliments.
Hope you have enjoyed my favs! What are some of yours right now!
It's a giveaway! A big thanks to all our wonderful customers and blog readers. We will hit 20,000 sales in the etsy shop this week so what better way to celebrate than a giveaway. 4 winners will be chosen! Winners will get 1 of 4 prizes listed below!
5. Tweet this on Twitter (just copy and paste) so i can find the tweet: =1 entry
Win free fabric from @fabricshoppe here! https://bit.ly/3kBTL0
6.post this giveaway on your blog and link back here, then leave a comment telling us you did!=1 entry
7. See our buttons on the lower right sidebar? Add one to your blog or site and then leave a comment telling us you did! (Code is right below the buttons) = 1 entry
***Each entry must be it's own comment***
It is possible to have up to 7 entries total per person! Giveaway open worldwide. Make sure you leave each entry as a seperate comment. I will choose 1 winner in 1 week on Thur Nov 11th using random.org. Make sure you leave an email so I can reach you if you win the goodies! We will randomly choose which prize goes to which winner!
Comments are closed and winners have been emailed!